Saturday, May 29, 2010

Almond Crusted Tilapia from Cooking Light

If you have a food processor, this recipe from Cooking Light is quick and easy.  I followed the directions exactly, except I used a bit more oil. I found it to be a little bland-- next time I would probably double the spices.  I also added a squeeze of lemon at the end.  I didn't have parsley so I omitted, but it would be a nice addition.

Ingredients

1/4 cup whole natural almonds
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash)
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Directions

1. Place first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process 45 seconds or until finely ground. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish.

2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush mustard over both sides of fillets; dredge in crumb mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.

No comments: