Saturday, May 8, 2010

Martha Stewart's Strawberry Cupcakes


I got together with Steph and Jenn to do some cupcake baking.  This was my contribution, courtesy of Martha Stewart.  The cupcakes were pretty labor-intensive due to the meringue in both the cupcake batter and the frosting, but they came out quite delicious.  The frosting was particularly yummy!  The cupcakes themselves were very good, but came out a bit crumbly.  That may be because I used all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, because I couldn't find any at the store.  

Instead of reposting the recipe here, I'll direct you to the links for the white cupcakes and the strawberry meringue buttercream frosting.  If you're not familiar with making meringue, I would watch the videos of Martha making these cupcakes with Jennifer Garner!

No comments: