I had some overripe fruit that needed to be used up, so I decided to make some bread. I started with this basic banana bread recipe and tweaked it from there. Gary gives this the thumbs up... very tasty!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (alternatively, omit and use a total of 1/2 cup butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup blueberries
3 mashed overripe bananas
1 TB vanilla extract
1 TB cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
nonstick cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
3) In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, applesauce, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract until well blended.
4) Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Fold in blueberries.
5) Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.